The Cambridge, Massachusetts Special Education Parent Advisory Council (C-PAC) will have several interesting programs coming up in the near future. Check out the C-PAC website for more details:
November 7, 2012: Basic Rights in Special Education
- Learn about the legally defined role of parents in the Special Education process. This presenter is bilingual and can answer questions in English and Spanish.
December 5, 2012: Section 504 Plans
- 504 Plans protect individuals with disabilities from discrimination and outline accommodations students need to participate fully at school. Learn how this process works in Cambridge.
January 9, 2012: Sarah Ward – Executive Functioning
Cambridge Citywide Senior Center – 806 Massachusetts Avenue (Central Square)
- Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP will present a workshop on executive function skills, which include time management, attention, organization, memory and problem solving.
January 23, 2013: IEP Goals & Progress Monitoring
- Trudy Wilcox will assist parents in understanding data to set goals and monitor your child’s progress at school.
February 6, 2013: Special Education Mediation
- Mediator Myrto Flessas will explain the process how parents and school districts may access mediation to resolve disagreements.
March 6, 2013: Behavioral Disabilities Panel Discussion
- Learn about a variety of strategies for helping students develop skills for positive behavior.
March 20, 2013: Summer Programs & Services
- Learn who qualifies for extended year programs and how to access summer services; and hear from a variety of private summer programs that welcome or specifically serve students with disabilities.
April 3, 2013: Who Cares About Kelsey?
- Join us to watch and discuss Dan Habib’s new film. Learn more at www.whocaresaboutkelsey.com
May 1, 2013: The Impact of Trauma on Learning
- Learn about ways parents and schools can effectively support students whose learning is affected by past trauma.